Skip to main content


Home Care Grievance Steps

How to File a Home Care Grievance

Another strength that you have through our contract is our official grievance process with DHS. This allows you to hold home care agencies, FMS providers, and the state accountable to the agreements we’ve made, with assistance from your Union. If you are not seeing the proper wages or benefits and you believe that our contract is being violated, please follow these steps:

  1. Find the Violation
    Find the section of our contract associated with the problem you’re seeing. Look for the wording that explains what should be happening. This is what we’ll use to build our case.

    If you don’t have a copy of our current contract, you can find it on our website:

  2. Gather Evidence
    Collect all information that demonstrates the problem you’re seeing. This will likely be copies of your paystubs, copies of signed timesheets, official notices/memos, correspondence with agency/FMS staff, etc. Please remember that you should always keep copies of documents and try to have all agency/FMS communication confirmed by email or in writing.

  3. Call or Email Your Union
    Call our Member Action Center (MAC) at (651) 294-8100 or email to let us know what’s going on. The MAC will take down your info and make notes so they can connect you with the right person to help start your grievance.

Schedule time to chat with an Organizer here!