Last week, the members at NorthShore Whitewater Nursing Home in St. Charles, Minnesota reached a tentative agreement on a fantastic new contract! The details include:
(New) Uniform allowance of $100/year
(New) Orientation to include three (more if needed) shifts and to be reviewed as a regular agenda item in the Labor Management Committee for effective onboarding of new employees.
(New) Vacations – employees with 1-3 years seniority can now get 2 vacation weekends off each year and members with 3 plus years seniority can get 3 vacation weekends off per year.
New Wages –
- There will be an Increase to all Hiring and Placement Scales by seven percent (7%)
- Employees shall be placed on Appendix A, determined by Experience Credit, so some members receive a much larger increase when given new credit determined by date of licensure or certification.
- All employees shall move to the appropriate step, or receive the seven percent (7%) increase, whichever is greater.
- New hires wages shall not exceed those employees with equal or greater experience.
- There shall be a two per cent (2%) increase to the hiring and placement scale effective July 1, 2022.
- All staff employed on July 1, 2022, shall receive a two per cent (2%) increase effective July 1, 2022.
- Summary – This means members get a 9% increase over two years (or more depending on newly defined experience credit) This will raise the CNA start rate to $15.56 and the LPN start rate to $22.47.
Experience credit will now be based on licensure/certification/registry dates and placement extended to 15 years.
(New) As soon as the 401K benefits from an Employer match, the employees become eligible for the match including any amended vesting.
Improved language concerning physical and verbal violence or threats of verbal or physical violence at work.
(New) basic language on Infectious or Contagious Diseases
The contract duration will be through December 31, 2022.
The bargaining team unanimously recommends a yes vote on the agreement and plan to vote on June 24, 2021.